City Board or Commission Application Workshop
- Date: 05/05/2016 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Newport Coast Conference Rm, City Hall
100 Civic Center Drive, Bay 2E
Newport Beach, California 92660
City Clerk Leilani Brown will lead a one-hour workshop on how Newport Beach residents can apply to serve on a City of Newport Beach Board or Commission. Bring your lunch and questions! To RSVP, call the City Clerk's Office at 949-644-3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for a City Board or Commission
The City will accept applications through May 11, 2016 at 12 p.m. for the following board and commission seats:
- Board of Library Trustees (two seats)
- Building and Fire Board of Appeals (two seats)
- City Arts Commission (two seats)
- Civil Service Board [Fire and Police nominees] (two seats)
- Harbor Commission (one seat)
- Parks, Beaches and Recreation Commission (one seat)
- Planning Commission (two seats)
After an application review process and interviews (if needed), the City Council will nominate applicants on June 14 and appoint the successful applicants on June 28, 2016. All new board terms will be effective on July 1, 2016, with an expiration date of June 30, 2020, except for one of the vacancies on the Board of Library Trustees which will expire on June 30, 2019.
All applicants must be qualified electors of the City. The deadline for filing applications is 12 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11, 2016. The application and additional information about the boards and commissions can be obtained from the City Clerk's Office, 100 Civic Center Drive, Bay E / 2nd Floor, Newport Beach, 92660. For more information contact the City Clerk's Office at 949-644-3005 or www.newportbeachca.gov/vacancy.