Vacancy Notice for Upcoming Vacancies on Various Boards, Commissions and Committees
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
The City of Newport Beach is currently accepting applications to fill the following upcoming vacancies (all terms are for four-years, expiring June 30, 2021):
• Board of Library Trustees (one seat)
• Building and Fire Board of Appeals (two seats)
• City Arts Commission (three seats)
• Civil Service Board (one seat)
• Harbor Commission (one seat)
• Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission (two seats)
• Planning Commission (two seats)
All seats will become vacant when the existing terms expire on June 30, 2017.
All applicants must be qualified electors of the City, none of whom shall hold any paid office or employment in City government (Section 702 of the City Charter).
An application can be obtained from the City Clerk's Office at 100 Civic Center Drive, Bay E, 2nd Floor, or can be sent to you by calling (949) 644-3005. The application and Commission information can also be accessed through the City’s website at newportbeachca.gov/vacancy.
The deadline for filing applications is Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at noon. For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at (949) 644-3005.