It is the mission of the Code Enforcement and Water Quality Division to work in partnership with the residents and businesses of Newport Beach by promoting and maintaining a safe and desirable living and working environment.
What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?
The Code Enforcement Division enforces the entire Municipal Code. The following are some frequent enforcement items:
- Hazardous property conditions
- Overgrown vegetation
- Housing Code violations (broken windows, peeling paint)
- Inoperable and abandoned vehicles on private property
- Signs, including signs in public right-of-way and signs without permits
- Solid Waste (early set-out of containers, inadequate containers, illegal dumping)
- Water quality and conservation
- Zoning requirements,( i.e. illegal dwelling units and use requirements)
Code Enforcement Officers frequent HOA meetings. If there is a pertinent topic you would like more information on, or you would like an officer to speak about relevant Newport Beach Municipal Codes for a specific area, you can request a speaker by email.
Code Enforcement Address Search
Enter an address to see who the Code Enforcement Officer is for that location.
Code Enforcement Officer Area Map
Click the map below to find out which Code Enforcement Officer represents your area.
To file a Code Enforcement complaint, please use the City's automated complaint system - QUEST or
Contact Us 949-644-3215