Photography Exhibition by Ting Ting Lee
September 1-October 30, 2015 I Central Library Gallery I 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach
The California Missions
The Newport Beach City Arts Commission is very pleased to present a collection of photographs by Ting-Ting Lee at the Central Library from September 1 through October 30.
The collection of 28 photographs shows all 21 of the historic mission in California, established between 1769 and 1833 by Catholic priests of the Franciscan Order under the leadership of Father Junipero Serra. The artist visited all 21 mission in 2009, taking eight trips in ten months to complete the project., "After walking on all of the 21 missions' grounds, I felt as though I have finally become part of California and California has become part of me," said Lee.
The exhibit is free and open to the public during library hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday, 12-5 p.m.
- November 2015: Joe Lewis
- December 2015/January 2016: Charlotte Lerner
In the News
- Agnes Schenk - Her own show at 87
- Library hosts first-ever exhibition for artist
- Newport Beach honors watercolorist Rex Brandt
- An artistic celebration for Rex Brandt at Library
- City Honors Rex Brandt
- Famed watercolorist comes home to Newport Beach
- City to honor CDM Artist with Saturday events
- Rex Brandt Centennial Celebration & Art Exhibit