Calling all painters, sculptors, photographers, and mixed media artists!
Enter your art in the 54th annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition featuring paintings, sculpture, mixed media and photography. For over 50 years, the Newport Beach City Arts Commission has recognized the talent and contributions of local and regional artists by hosting this juried art exhibition. The popular exhibition gives the community the opportunity to view and purchase the art on display, mingle with the artists and enjoy a festive atmosphere of music, wine and food. Artists sell their work, gain a community exposure and network with other artists and art professionals.
Be part of the 2018 event!
NEWPORT BEACH ART EXHIBITION
Saturday, June 16, 1-6 p.m.
Newport Beach Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach
Submit your entries to the Newport Beach Art Exhibition at www.CallforEntry.org by May 25, 2018.
• The exhibition is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
• Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
• Entry fees: $30 for one entry. $40 for two entries.
• Deadline is May 25, 2018 or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
• Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or giclées. Photography must be signed and numbered.
• Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, and will NOT be eligible for competition.
• Works must have been created within the last two years.
• All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
• Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” wide x 48” high.
• Artist must provide a table-top easel to display two-dimensional artwork up to 24” x 24”.
• Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24”.
• Three-dimensional size limit: only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted.
• Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
• Work must be for sale. A 20% donation to the Newport Beach Arts Foundation will be accepted on all sales.
• Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative - on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
• Painting: Oils & Acrylics: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
• Painting: Watercolors (includes Ink, Pencil and Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
• Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
• 3D Art (includes Sculpture and 3D Mixed Media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
• Juror’s Choice: $200
• People’s Choice: $100
Note: Categories can be changed at the Juror's discretion
ScheduleEntry Deadline: May 25, 2018
Artist’s Delivery of Artwork: Friday, June 15: 3:00-6:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 16: 9:00-10:30 a.m.
Art Exhibit and Sale: Saturday, June 16: 1:00-6:00 p.m.
Awards Reception: Saturday, June 16: 4:30 p.m.
Artist’s Artwork Retrieval: Saturday, June 16, 6:00 p.m. Artists are responsible for retrieving their artwork promptly at show closing. No early removal.
Sales: Sales are handled by the Newport Beach Arts Foundation with 20% donation going to support community art programs and services.
2017 AWARD WINNERS
Congratulations to the award winners in this year's exhibition. Click here to see a photo gallery of the 2017 Newport Beach Art Exhibition.
First Place: Gail Glikmann, The Mind Master
Second Place: Grace Park, Café de Flore
Third Place: Mark Hackstedde, Patchwork
First Place: Scott Amling, Otaru Seawall
Second Place: Eric Stampfli, Calla Lily
Third Place: Carol Cohn, Lacy Umbrella
Honorable Mention: Laurie Allread, Under the Boardwalk
Honorable Mention: Peter Pham, Cow Racing
First Place: Judith Jacob-Schram, Little Corona
Second Place: Chip Fesko, Fire
Third Place: Julia Martinez, Friends at the Beach
Honorable Mention: Brian Norkaitis, Two Shore Boats
PAINTING: OILS & ACRYLICS
First Place: Jeongmyo Kim, The Corner
Second Place: Evgenia Espinoza, Mother of Stars
Third Place: Glenn Davis, Figure #7
Honorable Mention: Gege Xu, Some Homemade Chinese Food
Alexandra Orchard, Transformation
Reza Safa, A Perfect Day
View list of 2016 NBAE Award Winners and Artists.