A permit is required for living aboard your vessel at a mooring in the harbor. Please download the permit application and review. Once completed, please contact Harbor Resources Tech Lisa Walters at 949-644-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions and vessel inspection scheduling. The current annual fee is $317.
Forms and Fees
- Mooring Live-Aboard Permit Application
- Annual fee is $317
- Required permittee information:
- Permittee must have a valid mooring permit and shall serve as his/her principal residence.
- Names of all individuals to be living aboard the vessel.
- Address and phone number(s) for permittee when not occupying vessel.
- All pertinent vessel information
- Registration number
- Holding tank information - make, model and capacity
- Submittal of an application for a live-aboard permit is consent by the owner of the vessel to any inspection necessary to confirm the accuracy of the application.
All persons applying for and approved for a Live-Aboard permit must comply with Newport Beach Municipal Code, Section 17.40 - Live-Aboards. Below is a summary.
- Live-Aboard permits are valid for 12 months and renewals are required to be submitted at least 60-days prior to expiration. Permits are not transferable.
- Newport Harbor is a no discharge zone. Permittees shall use pumpout facilities or services on a regular basis or otherwise discharge human waste in a legal manner. A log must be maintained showing the date, time and location when waste was properly discharged.
- Garbage and trash shall not be deposited in the harbor, bay or on property surrounding the bay except in trash receptacles owned and maintained by the City.