We were notified that someone claiming to work with the City of Newport Beach on the Senior Housing Assistance Repair Program, contacted at least one resident and offered to visit their home to see if the property qualifies for the program. Please be aware that the caller is not affiliated with the City or our partner in SHARP, Habitat for Humanity of Orange County. We are not “cold calling” residents offering home inspections.
If you have any questions about claims of being a SHARP representative or SHARP, please call the OASIS Senior Center at 949-644-3244.
Senior Housing Assistance Repair Program (SHARP)
A new program for low income seniors in need of critical home repairs, the Newport Beach SHARP Program is a collaboration between OASIS and Habitat for Humanity of Orange County. The program aims to help low income seniors in need of critical home repair or modifications due to accessibility needs, safety concerns, health and wellbeing, or citation by Code Enforcement.
- Newport Beach homeowner currently living in the home that is in need of repair
- Age 60 and older At or below the 80th percentile of the median income of Orange County with net assets not to exceed gross household income for 18 months
- Home repair is of critical nature
- Applicant must currently live in housing that is unsafe or otherwise in poor condition
- Applicant must be unable to perform the repairs themselves
- Applicant must be unable to afford to pay a market rate contractor to complete the repairs
- Applicant must be willing to work with Habitat for Humanity of Orange County and City staff
- Applicant must be willing to provide a nominal financial contribution to the project
- Project approval is at the discretion of program staff
For more information on how to qualify and apply, please contact OASIS staff at 949-644-3244.