Special Event Permits & Applications

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Special Event Permits

Planning to host a special event in the City of Newport Beach?  If your event/activity is one of the following, it will likely require issuance of a Special Event Permit:

  • Outdoor concert and entertainment, public or semi-public, dance, recreation, or sporting events.
  • Circuses, carnivals, fairs and festivals.
  • Farmer’s Markets and swap meets.
  • Walks, runs, athletic, bicycle and vehicle races and rides.
  • Organized / sponsored vehicle and boat shows
  • Sales event outside the normal sales area of a business, such as a sidewalk and parking lot sales and other special promotions.
  • Auto dealer sales events involving promotional attractions such as barbecues, tents, canopies, special signage, and similar facilities.
  • Fireworks display
  • Street fair, craft show on a residential or commercial right-of-way which is likely to obstruct, delay or interfere with normal flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
  • Car washes whereby the public is encouraged to attend.
  • Outdoor amplified sound.
  • Other events as described by Newport Beach Municipal Code 11.03.
  • Harbor activities and events.

You can download a Special Event Permit application or call 949-644-3151 to speak to the City's special event permit coordinator.

Weddings at the Beach or Public Park
Are you thinking about getting married at the beach or a public park?  A special event permit is not required, but there are some restrictions.  Find out what you need to know before planning your event by clicking here.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer