Directions for Completing the Application Form
- Each question should be answered clearly and briefly.
- If a question is not applicable, enter N/A.
- Attach a copy of the event budget (2-page maximum)
- Incomplete or application received after the submission deadline will not be accepted.
- Do not sumit collateral materials (i.e. marketing materials and programs). They will not be considered.
- Submissions received via mail or online will be considered equally.
- Completed application must be received no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, March 21, 2014.
Special Event Support Evaluation Criteria
The City of Newport Beach will consider the following criteria in evaluating requests for financial support:
- The event should advance the City of Newport Beach as an exciting place to live, work, play, learn, and visit.
- The event should give Newport Beach residents and businesses a sense of civic pride and ownership.
- The event enhances, serves, involves, benefits, and or promotes a sense of community for the residents of Newport Beach.
- The event not always be free of charge, but should be accessible to the community/public.
- The application must include a copy of the Event Budget (2-page maximum).
- The amount of financial support requested from the City should represent no more than 25% of the total event budget. (Volunteer hours may not be counted toward the total event budget, but the value of in-kind goods and services may be counted.)
- The applicant should demonstrate strong financial management and effective management controls over the event, including cost effectiveness. Successful applicants must agree to provide the event's financial statements and allow the City to conduct its own review of them, if desired.
- If the event is charitable in nature, it should benefit a local Newport Beach or Orange County-based charitable organization.
- The event must be held between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015.
- Applications are due no later than Friday, March 21, 2014 at 4 p.m.
- There are two options for submitting your completed application:
- Complete the application online (http://fs23.formsite.com/cityofnb/form1/index.html) and it will automatically be submitted.
- Download a PDF that contains the application directions, evaluation criteria and application form. Completed applications can be mailed to City of Newport Beach, City Manager's Office, P.O. Box 1768, Newport Beach, CA 92658 or saved as a PDF and emailed to email@example.com.