A MASTER PARKING PERMIT entitles a motor vehicle to occupy a SINGLE parking space in any metered parking area or any municipal parking lot, if space is available, within the City of Newport Beach without payment in the parking meter or paying a parking fee.
Permits are valid from January 1 to December 31. Permits are issued to a vehicle and are not transferrable.
The Master Permit fees are prorated as follows. If purchased during:
January 1 through September 30: $471.00
October 1 through December 31: $117.75
• Permits may be purchased on the internet:newportbeachca.gov or in person at Newport Beach Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Dr. Bay A, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Permits purchased online can be mailed or picked up at civic center. It is highly recommended that permits be purchased online for fastest service. Permit decals for vehicles without plates must be purchased in person; complete Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is required. Call (949) 644-3141 for additional information.
• PERMIT DECALS MUST BE PROPERLY DISPLAYED TO BE VALID. PERMITS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO THE LOWER RIGHT (PASSENGER) CORNER OF THE INSIDE OF THE FRONT WINDSHIELD. Vehicles may be subject to citation if the permit is not clearly visible or not permanently affixed. In order to affix the parking permit to the windshield: 1) Fold permit in the middle and peel off the backing; 2) Place the permit in the lower right (passenger) corner of the inside windshield; and 3) Press firmly to affix the permit to the windshield.
• Senior Discount: Persons 65 years of age or older may purchase one permit at half price for a vehicle registered to and driven by person requesting permit. The following information must be presented on order to purchase the half price permit: 1) Valid California Driver’s License; 2) Proof of vehicle registration; 3) Vehicle license plate number.
• Military Discount: Persons who have served or are serving in the United States military may purchase one permit at a 25% discount for a vehicle registered to and driven by person requesting permit. The following information must be presented in order to purchase the reduced price permit: 1) Valid California Driver’s License; 2) Proof of vehicle registration; 3) Vehicle license plate number; 4) Acceptable proof of military service.
• The City of Newport Beach does not assume responsibility for lost or stolen parking permits.
• Permit decals may be re-issued if a vehicle is sold, transferred or if the windshield is replaced. A $10.00 permit replacement fee is required along with, proof of purchase of the original permit, proof of sale or transfer of the vehicle, or proof of windshield replacement. The original permit must also be returned.
• PARKING PERMIT IS NOT VALID ON A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS 84 INCHES OR MORE IN WIDTH AND MORE THAN 84 INCHES IN HEIGHT OR MORE THAN 20 FEET IN LENGTH OR WITHOUT A WINDSHIELD.
• Some municipal parking spaces have a maximum length of 18 feet, which must be observed.
• Issuance of a permit does not allow violation of parking regulations.
• Permits do not establish any parking priority. Entry is prohibited when "LOT FULL" signs are posted at the Balboa Municipal Parking Lot and/or the Corona del Mar Beach Parking lot.