- September-October 2012: Project newsletter.
- June-July 2012: Project newsletter.
- March-April 2012: Project newsletter for the months of March and April.
- February 2012: Project newsletter (sorry, we skipped January's edition)
- December 2011: Project newsletter.
- November 2011: Monthly project newsletter.
- October 2011: Monthly project newsletter.
- September 2011: Monthly project newsletter.
- NBTV: Profiles of Government - a 27 minute video showcasing the Civic Center & Park project with interviews of the project team.
- August 2011: Monthly project newsletter.
- August 9, 2011: Project update presentation to City Council.
- July 2011: Monthly project newsletter and construction photos.
- June 2011: Monthly project newsletter and construction photos.
- May 2011: Monthly project newsletter and current project photos.
- April 2011: Monthly project newsletter, includes current project status and expended costs.
- March 21, 2011: A large crane has been placed on the project site to aid the installation of rebar cages for the shoring wall along MacArthur Boulevard. The crane has a flag on top, which is a typical safety measure and is not an indication of the final height of the project. If you are planning a visit to the Central Library sometime soon, you will notice the beginning of excavation at the back of the library for the planned expansion.
- February 22, 2011: The City Council approved the Phase III contract amendment for the Civic Center & Park Project. This agreement authorizes the next phase of the project which includes construction of the City Hall building, park, parking structure and Central Library expansion. Please click here to view the staff report and attachments (Item 16 on the Council's February 22 Regular agenda).
Civic Center & Park Project Costs
Questions and Answers
- December 20, 2010: The Central Library prepares for its future expansion project by setting up an insulated construction wall.
- December 2010: All mass excavation work has been completed. Commuters and visitors to the Newport Center area will likely notice that some of the excavated dirt has been stockpiled on a portion of the site for later use. The contractor will finish work on the shoring wall by early January 2011. Construction work on the San Miguel Widening Project is also completed and the City and its contractor have some limited traffic signal work to accomplish.
- October 2010 Progress Report: Read all about the project's progress, oversight, and schedule and cost information.
Last updated: 10/15/2012 11:24:02 AM