An Annual Parking Permit entitles a motor vehicle to occupy a SINGLE parking space in designated areas of the City of Newport Beach, without depositing coins in a BLUE parking meter post.
- Permits are valid at metered spaces with BLUE parking meter posts. The map on the reverse side of this flyer illustrates the applicable parking area locations.
- A permit is not valid on a motor vehicle that is 84 inches or more in width and more than 84 inches in height or more than 20 feet in length or without a windshield.
- Some municipal parking spaces have a maximum length of 18 feet which must be observed.
- Issuance of a permit does not allow violation of parking regulations.
- Permits do not establish any parking priority. Entry is prohibited when "LOT FULL" signs are posted at the Balboa Municipal Parking Lot and/or the Corona del Mar Beach Parking lot.
- Permits are not valid for overnight parking (defined as 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.), at the Balboa Municipal Parking Lot.
Permits are valid from January 1 to December 31.
The Annual Permit fees are as follows. If purchased during:
January 1 through September 30: $154.00
October 1 through December 31: $ 38.50
- Persons 65 years of age or older may purchase one permit at half price. The following information must be presented in order to purchase the half price permit: 1) Valid California Driver’s License; 2) Proof of vehicle registration; 3) Vehicle license plate number.
- Persons who have served or are serving in the United States military may purchase one permit at a reduced rate which shall be 25% off the permit fee. The following information must be presented in order to purchase the reduced price permit: 1) Valid California Driver’s License; 2) Proof of vehicle registration; 3) Vehicle license plate number; 4) Acceptable proof of military service.
- Permits may be purchased online by clicking Online Services or in person at Newport Beach Civic Centerl between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call (949) 644-3141 for additional information.
- Permits must be PERMANENTLY affixed to the lower right (passenger) corner of the inside of the front windshield. Vehicles may be subject to citation if the permit is not clearly visible or not permanently affixed. In order to affix the parking permit to the windshield: 1) Fold permit in the middle and peel off the backing; 2) Place the permit in the lower right (passenger) corner of the inside windshield; and 3) Press firmly to affix the permit to the windshield.
- The City of Newport Beach does not assume responsibility for lost nor stolen parking permits.
- Permits may be re-issued if a vehicle is sold, transferred or if the windshield is replaced. A $10.00 permit replacement fee is required along with, proof of purchase of the original permit, proof of sale or transfer of the vehicle, or proof of windshield replacement. The original permit must also be returned.