"Minimize the Adverse Impacts of John Wayne Airport through the Implementation of the City's Airport Policy"
- Hold Aviation Committee meetings monthly from January through November to discuss JWA issues and gain greater understanding of factors that influence JWA’s operations and growth pressures.
- Hold joint meetings with AWG/AirFair/Council Aviation Committee on a quarterly basis in January, April, July and October to discuss JWA issues and maintain open communication.
- Hold Corridor Cities meetings with City Managers and City Attorneys every other month (February, April, June, August, and October) to strengthen the group’s understanding of JWA issues and its political clout. Explore mechanisms for formalizing the coalition, including participation by elected officials.
- Hire a consultant with technical expertise in airport operations and FAA procedures to increase the City’s understanding of factors which could influence growth pressures or could minimize JWA impacts on the community. Make the hiring by March 15th.
- Submit a joint “Go Local” grant application to OCTA in partnership with Costa Mesa for a preliminary determination of whether an effective transportation means is feasible for Orange County residents to utilize in traveling to airports other than JWA by March 1st.
- Conclude the “Go Local” funded study by July 31st.
- Provide the City Council a presentation of the “Go Local” study results by September 9th and consider other studies needed to complete the assessment.