A Message from the Deputy City Manager
Welcome to the City of Newport Beach Human Resources Department website. The mission of Human Resources is to deliver innovative and timely services and to provide leadership in all personnel and employment matters. We accomplish this by promoting the principles of fairness and merit and by partnering with the City's departments to hire, compensate, support and develop a workforce dedicated to delivering high-quality services to the residents of and visitors to the City of Newport Beach.
Through the administration of labor contracts or Memoranda of Understandings, we encourage effective working relationships with the City's employee associations and through our risk management practices, we promote safety and good practices to limit liability costs. We have established high recruitment and selection standards, with the goal of ensuring a highly qualified workforce. Human Resources is also responsible for administering employee benefits and workers' compensation and coordinating classification and compensation efforts, training & development activities and employee relations programs. We promote a "customer first" attitude by demonstrating a spirit of cooperation and by being a trusted and valued source of human resources knowledge and expertise.
The Human Resources Department is proud to support the employees and community members of the City of Newport Beach. The website provides lots of information about the functions of Human Resources, but if you need additional information, please contact any Human Resources staff member for assistance.
Terri L. Cassidy, J.D.
Deputy City Manager
The Human Resources department facilitates the following organizational functions and employee transactions:
|Labor Relations & Training - (x3337)
- Personnel Policies & Resolutions
- Performance Evaluations
- Discipline and Grievances
- MOUs and Leave Programs
- Employee Training & Development
Recruitment & Selection - (x3298)
|Risk Management and Employee Benefits - (x3256)
- Procurement of City Insurance & Claims Administration for Workers' Compensation & General Liability
- Safety/Loss Control and Compliance of Workers' Compensation, Unemployment & COBRA
- Workers' Compensation Claims Administration
- General Liability Claims Administration
- Disability Claims Administration
- New Employee Orientations
- Employee Benefits Administration
- Benefits Enrollments and Changes
- Deferred Compensation Program Administration
- Retirement Application Processing and Training
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Labor Relations & Training - x3337
Recruitment Center - x3298
Risk Mgmt & Benefits - x3256
Last updated: 4/24/2013 3:56:03 PM