The State Board of Equalization presents a free Restaurant Tax Seminar that focuses on several topics to help restaurant owners and managers understand and comply with California's business and tax regulations. Topics to be presented during the seminar include:
- Sales and use taxes for restaurant owners, presented by the State Board of Equalization
- Compliance for restaurant owners, presented by the Internal Revenue Service
- Payroll tax for the restaurant industry, presented by the Employment Development Department
- Forms of ownership, presented by the Franchise Tax Board
- Small business administration financing & services, presented by the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Download the seminar flyer for all the details
The seminar will take place on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. (check-in begins at noon) at the Newport Coast Community Center located at 6401 San Joaquin Hills Road. Space is limited to 150 attendees. Please register by visiting www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/restsched.htm or calling 888-847-9652.