The California Independent System Operator (CAISO) has issued another Flex Alert that is in effect through Tuesday, August 14 due to the on-going heat wave. A Flex Alert is the first step in reducing the demands on the electricity system to avoid the potential for rotating outages.
Conservation tips for the home:
- set your thermostat to 78 or higher, and turn it off when you are away
- turn off unnecessary lights and appliances
- use major appliances after 6 p.m.
- cool with fans and draw the drapes to help keep the heat out
Conservation tips for the office:
- turn off the computer monitor when you're away from your desk
- turn off lights when you leave the room
- switch off half the overhead lights
Click here for more information on energy conservation.