Newport Beach restaurant owners and managers are invited to attend a free Restaurant Tax Seminar on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. (check-in begins at noon) at the Newport Coast Community Center located at 6401 San Joaquin Hills Road. Designed to help restaurateurs understand and comply with California's business and tax regulations, the seminar topics will include:
- Sales and use taxes for restaurant owners, presented by the State Board of Equalization
- Compliance for restaurant owners, presented by the Internal Revenue Service
- Payroll tax for the restaurant industry, presented by the Employment Development Department
- Forms of ownership, presented by the Franchise Tax Board
- Small business administration financing & services, presented by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The seminar is free. Please register by visiting www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/restsched.htm or calling 888-847-9652. Space is limited to 150 attendees.
The seminar will be presented by the State Board of Equalization with support from the City of Newport Beach, Newport Beach Restaurant Association and the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce.