Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
Sunday, September 23, 6:30 a.m. (registration opens)
Fashion Island, Newport Beach, 92660
Schedules & Registration: www.komenoc.org/race
714-957-9157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Race for the Cure is expected to draw more than 22,000 participants to Newport Beach this Sunday. Attendees are encouraged to allow themselves extra travel and parking time. The following roads surrounding Fashion Island and Newport Center will be temporarily closed on Sunday, September 23, starting at approximately 4:30 a.m. and reopening by 2 p.m., with some opening earlier:
- Newport Center Drive (from north of Santa Rosa Drive to north of San Nicolas and to just east of Pacific Coast Highway)
- Santa Cruz Drive (from Newport Center Drive to San Joaquin Hills)
- San Clemente Drive (from Santa Cruz Drive to Santa Maria Drive)
- Santa Maria Drive (from San Clemente Drive to Newport Center Drive)
- Farallon Drive (from Newport Center Drive to Avocado Avenue)
- Avocado Avenue (from San Miguel Drive to just before Corona Del Mar Plaza entrance)
- San Miguel Drive (from Avocado Avenue to Newport Center Drive)
- Anacapa Drive (from Newport Center Drive to Farallon Drive).
Please Note: Santa Rosa Drive will be open during the event for Fashion Island access.
It is recommended that attendees use the free offsite parking and shuttle services available on Race Day from 6 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The offsite parking locations include:
- Corona Del Mar High School – 2101 Eastbluff Drive
- University Research Park – 5201-5251 California Avenue
- Corporate Plaza lots – off PCH & Newport Center Drive
The shuttle pickup and drop-off will be located on Santa Barbara Drive across from the Marriott Hotel. Wheelchair accessible parking is located off of Santa Cruz and San Clemente, adjacent to the Island Hotel.