The streets of Newport Beach carry thousands of motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians daily. All users have the same rights and responsibilities when using public streets.
As a part of the vision for improving our roads, the City has embarked on the preparation of a sustainable city-wide Bicycle Master Plan. The purpose of this document is to guide the City by creating a comprehensive bicycle network, defining bicycle improvements, creating bicycle education and encouragement programs, and identifying funding opportunities for future projects.
- NEW 2016 Information
- Planned & Completed Bicycle Improvement Projects – August 2014 Update
- Bicycle Facility Improvement Update – August 12, 2014 City Council Study Session Session Presentation
- Bicycle trails map - A draft map of bicycle trails throughout Newport Beach
- Safety Guidelines for Bicyclist & Motorists - A brochure with tips for safely sharing the roads with other users
- California Driver Handbook - Scroll down the page to find information on:
- Sharing the Road (Sharrows)
- Traffic Lanes - Explains how drivers should treat bike lanes and bicycles in travel lanes