Building an eCommerce Site on WordPress
- Date: 10/09/2018 5:30 pm - 8:45 pm
- Location: Central Library Friends Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
Dive in and learn what it takes to build and run a successful eCommerce site on WordPress. Topics include:
- Website design
- Hosting & security
- Credit card gateways and the purchasing process
- PCI compliance
- Shopping carts and Woo Commerce
- Adding functionality: shipping, taxes, subscriptions, and more
- Search Engine Optimization strategies
- Social media and content strategies
- Analytics and measuring success
About the Presenter:
Mark Raymond, who also presents “Branding and Website Design”, is a seasoned executive with deep marketing and technical expertise. He is president of Luminys, a company specializing in branding, WordPress website design, social media, analytics and communications. Prior to founding Luminys, Mark cofounded a telecom company, served as VP of Marketing for an internet company that was acquired by Yahoo, and was a Program Manager for Phoenix Technologies in Silicon Valley where he managed new technology development and served on several industry boards. Mark has business acquisition experience, has worked internationally, and has studied Mandarin and Japanese. He has an undergraduate degree in computer science and an Executive MBA with an emphasis in Finance, both from the University of California, Irvine.
(Registration/Check-in 5:30 to 6:00 PM)
This series of business workshops is generously funded by Friends of the Library.
Age Level: Adults
For more information or to register for this workshop please visit the SCORE website.