Online Recreation Center
Thank you for visiting the Recreation & Senior Services Online Recreation Center, a collection of digital recreation and senior services resources! We are committed to finding new ways for you to stay busy, active, and engaged whether you're enjoying in-person or virtual classes. The Online Recreation Center brings convenient programs and resources right to you and your family so you can easily incorporate new activities into your routine, no matter how often it's changing.
This page will be seasonally updated with new offerings and ideas. Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
If you have a great resource to share or feedback about our online recreation center, please email email@example.com.
Virtual Class Calendar
Several of our incredible recreation instructors continue to offer classes or workshops that you can enjoy virtually. Free and paid offerings have been made available using different mediums including Zoom chats, Instagram live, Facebook live and more. If you are a current instructor and would like to advertise upcoming programming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our virtual class calendar here. Remember, many platforms will save live-streams and allow you to watch videos after the fact. Click on the individual calendar listing title for links.
Categorized collection of third-party resources created thanks to the help and support of partners near and far.
- eBranch of the Newport Beach Library: The Newport Beach Public Library is here to support your child's distance learning and continues to offer Curbside services. Telephone reference will be provided throughout closure at (949) 717-3800. The Library eBranch. allows online services such as enjoying a movie with Kanopy, listening to audiobooks or reading an eBook through OverDrive.
- NBPL is also here to support your child's distance learning with a hub of information and resources.
- Convenient Curbside services available at all locations, Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Newport-Mesa YMCA: Offering free Virtual YMCA page to the public regardless of current membership to the Y. Promoting staying active with a large video library of Yoga, Bootcamp, Barre, Zumba, youth fitness for youth through active older adults.
Local Natural Resources & Parks:
As of now, parks, beaches and tidepools throughout the City remain open as weather conditions and official restrictions allow. Please follow social guidelines set by the City, County, State, and Federal agencies when enjoying these open spaces (ie. 6 foot social distancing). For trail information including the Buck Gully Nature Preserve, the Back Bay Loop Trail, and the Mountains to Sea Trail visit the Natural Resources page.
Mudline (Updated Information on park and trail closures): (949) 718-1860
Beaches: Are open
For more information on the closures please see these Frequently Asked Questions.
Parks & Trails: 77 parks and miles of walking and biking trails are Open.
Stay in the Know
Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission
- Date: 04/04/2023 5:00 pm
- Location: City Council Chambers
100 Civic Center Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660