Did you know?
You can register your email address and have this information and more delivered directly to your inbox. It's easy to create an account and there are a variety of topics to select from to stay informed of what's happening at the City.
Nail Salons, Tattoo Shops, Skin Care Among Business Sectors Cleared to Reopen June 19
Nail salons, tattoo and piercing shops, massage, body waxing, skin care and cosmetology services are among the additional businesses authorized to reopen on June 19, Orange County health officials announced Thursday, June 18.
The industry sectors now authorized to reopen include:
- Nail salons
- Tattoo and piercing shops
- Massage therapy
- Body waxing
- Skin care and cosmetology
- Day camps, campgrounds, RV parks and outdoor recreation
- Organized youth sports (practices without spectators)
- Cardrooms, satellite wagering facilities and racetracks
- Movie theaters and family entertainment centers
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Hotels for leisure travel and tourism
- Museums, galleries, zoos and aquariums
- Bars and wineries
The following businesses/industries are NOT yet permitted as of June 19:
- Outdoor playground equipment
- Indoor playgrounds such as bounce centers, ball pits and laser tag
- Live theater
- Saunas and steam rooms
- Concert venues
- Theme parks
- Higher education
For more information please visit the County's COVID-19 web page at: https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/
For the City of Newport Beach's updated Q&A click here.