For the latest local health information and COVID-19 cases, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency's webpage.
For national updates, information and resources, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
For more information regarding rumors vs. facts about COVID-19, visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)'s Rumor Control webpage.
For information regarding support and assistance for small businesses and employers, click here.
For information regarding support for workers, click here.
For weekly updates from the City Manager, click here.
City Hall to Close Beginning July 13 in Response to Rising COVID-19 Cases
City Hall will close to the public beginning July 13, based on concerns for the health and safety of employees and the public as COVID-19 cases increase throughout the state and County of Orange.
All City services will continue through phone, email and drop-off/pickup.
For planning, building, public works or fire permit applications, customers will be asked to leave applications in a designated drop box outside City Hall. Plan checks and revisions can be submitted for review by email or drop box. For development services related questions please call 949-718-1888.
The Cashier’s Office will accept payments online. The Newport Beach Public Library will continue to provide pickup and drop-off services through newportbeachlibrary.org.
In alignment with City Hall, the City’s Police Department has closed its front-counter service to the public. However, all essential police services will continue and communications are being handled by phone and email.
The public is encouraged to participate in City Council and commission meetings through the live webstream at newportbeachca.gov and can comment live by phone.
These measures will be in place until further notice. The City, in coordination with Orange County health department, will monitor COVID-19 data for indications that COVID-19 cases are flattening or declining.
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now been detected globally. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
The City of Newport Beach is working with federal, state, and local partners including the CDC, the OC Health Care Agency (OCHCA), and health care providers to prepare and appropriately care for people who may be at risk for illness associated with COVID-19 or who have tested positive for COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation, and we will share more as we are updated from our colleagues at the local, state and/or federal level.
- The Governor of California enacted an Executive Order for all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except for essential needs
- It is imperative for everyone to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet away from others when performing essential need activities outside of your homes.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to limit spreading the infection.
- For more information, please visit the following websites: