For the latest Newport Beach cases and trends, visit our COVID-19 Case Count Dashboard.
For the latest Countywide health information and COVID-19 cases, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency's webpage.
For national updates, information and resources, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
For more information regarding rumors vs. facts about COVID-19, visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)'s Rumor Control webpage.
For information regarding support and assistance for small businesses and employers, click here.
For information regarding support for workers, click here.
For weekly updates from the City Manager, click here.
Shop Locally, and Safely, to Support our Community this Season
The City of Newport Beach is committed to supporting our small businesses during the regional stay-at-home order that went into effect Sunday.
We are continuing to distribute grant funding to qualified small businesses (more than 300 have received assistance in the past several months). Together with our partners at Newport Beach & Co., the chambers of commerce and local business groups, we have launched the "S.H.I.P. Shape" initiative to encourage alignment with public health recommendations and promote a "shop local" message for our residents.
If any business needs a copy of the State’s new public health order or any other information, we will of course provide that information in an ongoing effort to provide education first and foremost. Our goal is to be supportive – not punitive – for the many small businesses who are doing their best to survive.
As the number of COVID-19 cases increases and regional ICU capacity becomes more limited, we must all remain diligent in preventing the spread of the virus. As our health partners at Hoag Hospital have consistently reminded us, basic health practices work, including facial coverings, social distancing, and limiting social gatherings.
Please continue to support our local businesses by ordering take-out from Newport Beach restaurants (pick up the food yourself if you can) and visiting retail establishments safely, in compliance with State guidelines. Retail is permitted to stay open at reduced capacities during this stay-at-home order.
The best holiday gift we can give to ourselves and our neighbors this season is to support our community. Shop local, consider donating to local non-profit groups, reach out to a neighbor, or help someone in need.
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now been detected globally. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
The City of Newport Beach is working with federal, state, and local partners including the CDC, the OC Health Care Agency (OCHCA), and health care providers to prepare and appropriately care for people who may be at risk for illness associated with COVID-19 or who have tested positive for COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation, and we will share more as we are updated from our colleagues at the local, state and/or federal level.
- The Governor of California enacted an Executive Order for all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except for essential needs
- It is imperative for everyone to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet away from others when performing essential need activities outside of your homes.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to limit spreading the infection.
- For more information, please visit the following websites: