Donations Being Accepted to Spread Holiday Cheer
The City of Newport Beach (City) is supporting Operation Christmas For Our Troops & Their Families this year to make the holidays brighter for military personnel and their families. Interested community members may drop off new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment, new or used DVDs, and gift cards at all public City facilities. Locations include:
- Newport Beach City Hall, 100 Civic Center Drive - Revenue (1A), Community Development (1C), City Clerk's Office (2E)
- OASIS Senior Center, 801 Narcissus Avenue
- Newport Coast Community Center, 6401 San Joaquin Hills Road
- Marina Park Community & Sailing Center, 1600 W. Balboa Blvd.
- Police Department, 870 Santa Barbara Drive
- Balboa Peninsula Fire Station #1, 110 E. Balboa Blvd.
- Lido Fire Station #2, 475 32nd Street
- Fashion Island Fire Station #3, 868 Santa Barbara Drive
- Balboa Island Fire Station #4, 124 Marine Avenue
- Corona del Mar Fire Station #5, 410 Marigold Avenue
- Mariners Fire Station #6, 1348 Irvine Avenue
- Santa Ana Heights Fire Station #7, 20401 Acacia Street
- Newport Coast Fire Station #8, 6502 Ridge Park Road
- Newport Beach Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue
- Balboa Library, 100 E. Balboa Blvd.
- Crean Mariners Library, 1300 Irvine Avenue
- Corona del Mar Library, 410 Marigold Avenue
Donations will be accepted now through 12 p.m. on Wednesday, December 22. Military personnel pick up donations on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 22.
Operation Christmas, a program organized by Yellow Ribbon America (yellowribbonamerica.org),has supported members of the armed services and their families during the holidays for 17 years. For more information on Operation Christmas, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 949-644-3005.