Development Services Division of Public Works works closely with Community Development Department to coordinate construction projects, land use and development in the City. This division of Public Works is responsible for issuing permits for construction activity within the City's public rights-of-way. All permits are issued and inspected to ensure safety and quality are met for public safety.
- Encroachment Permits are issued for all types of construction in the public right-of-way and are different and separate from Building Permits.
- Temporary Street and Sidewalk Closure permits are issued for placing dumpsters, cranes and / or reserving parking for your construction activities, or other temporary street closures.
Please note, construction within City property must have a state licensed contractor and an Encroachment Permit prior to performing any work. Fees charged for permits can be found on the Fee Schedule and are charged based on your scope of work.
- Fee Schedule
- Permit History
- Plan Check Status
- Request an Inspection
- Encroachment Permit Application
- Temporary Street, Alley or Sidewalk Closure Application
- Standard Drawings for Public Works Construction
- Street Excavation Moratorium
- State Contractor's License Board
- Typical types of Encroachment Permits
For general inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
For general inquiries regarding Public Works permits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-644-3311.