Public Works Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Public Works is responsible for construction activity within the City's public rights-of-way. Permits are issued and inspected to ensure safety and quality are met for public safety.  


  • Encroachment Permits are issued for all types of construction in the public right-of-way and are different and separate from Building Permits.  
  • Temporary Street and Sidewalk Closure permits are issued for placing dumpsters, cranes, and / or reserving parking for your construction activities, or other temporary street closures. 
  • Construction within City property must have a state licensed contractor and an Encroachment Permit prior to performing any work.  
  • Fees charged for permits can be found on the Fee Schedule and are charged based on your scope of work.

Permit Resources

General inquiries regarding Public Works permits: email or call 949-644-3311.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer