Fourth of July Holiday Street Closure Information
The following streets will be closed during the time periods specified:
- From approximately 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on July 4*
- Balboa Boulevard from 32nd Street to Channel Place - Closed to westbound vehicular traffic for the Fourth of July is for Families parade
- No left-turns from westbound Balboa Blvd. traffic at 34th St., 36th St., 39th St., 43rd St. and 46th St. (also for the parade)
- From approximately 10:30 a.m. on July 4 to 3 a.m. on July 5*
- Southbound Orange St. at West Coast Highway
- Via Malaga from Via Oporto to Via Lido
- From approximately 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. on July 4
- Back Bay Drive
- San Joaquin Hills Road between Back Bay Drive and the entrance to the Park Newport Apartment Community.
Seashore Drive will be open to traffic. The City intends to leave West Balboa Boulevard open to traffic (after the morning parade); however, the Police Department will be monitoring traffic conditions throughout the day and will facilitate additional street closures should the need arise.
*All closure times are approximate.
General Parking and City Parking Lot Closure Information
Parking will be difficult in the beach area and visitors are highly encouraged to carpool or use public transportation. Spaces will fill up early in the morning and entering and leaving the area by vehicle will become increasingly difficult as the day progresses. Visit the City's parking web page for municipal parking lot locations and general parking information. Please be careful not to park in private parking lots, driveways or spaces without the property owner or manager's permission.
Vehicles parked illegally in public areas will likely receive a citation and could be towed. Those parked illegally in private spaces could also be towed away at the request of the property owner.
Balboa Peninsula Trolley
Park and ride for free! The City's Balboa Peninsula Trolley will operate on the Fourth of July holiday. Motorists can park in the City's Avon Street Parking Lot for free when riding the trolley. The trolley makes a complete round trip to the Balboa Pier and Balboa Village area with 22 stops along the way.