The State of California established a Resiliency Roadmap to guide the process for modifying the statewide stay-at-home order. The Roadmap includes a four-stage framework under which businesses will be permitted to gradually reopen. The timeframe for each stage of reopening is dependent upon progress made toward six public health indicators.
Four Stages of Reopening
Stage 1 - Safety and Preparedness
- Make workplaces safe for essential workers.
Stage 2 - Lower Risk Workplaces
CountyCertain lower-risk businesses can open, with adaptations in place. Links to State guidance and checklists for each sector are provided.
- Early Stage 2
- Later Stage 2 –
- Shopping Centers
- Dine-in Restaurants
- Limited Services such as carwashes, pet grooming, dog walking, landscaping services
- Day Camps
- Youth Sports
- Places of Worship
- Outdoor Museums and Open Gallery Spaces
- Delivery Services
- Auto Dealerships
- Real Estate Transactions
- Public Transit
Stage 3 - Higher Risk Workplaces
- Hair Salon and Barbershops
- Personal Care Services (Nail Salon, Tattoo Parlors and Body Waxing)
- Fitness Facilities (Gyms and Fitness Centers)
- Restaurant, Wineries and Bars
- Hotels, Lodging and Short-Term Rentals
- Movie Theater and Family Entertainment Centers
- Museum and Galleries
Stage 4 - End of Stay-at-Home Order
No date announced yet. State guidance and checklists not yet available.
- Concerts Venues
- Convention Centers
- Live Audience Sports