For the latest Newport Beach cases and trends, visit our COVID-19 Case Count Dashboard.
For the latest Countywide health information and COVID-19 cases, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency's webpage.
For the latest State guidance, please visit the State of California's COVID-19 webpage.
For national updates, information and resources, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
For weekly updates from the City Manager, click here.
The City of Newport Beach is advising residents and visitors to avoid contact with ocean water and oiled areas of the beach, following a large oil spill that was identified Saturday off the coast of Newport and Huntington Beach. Oil has been observed on shore in some areas.
10/03/2021 9:48 am
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now been detected globally. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
The City of Newport Beach is working with federal, state, and local partners including the CDC, the OC Health Care Agency (OCHCA), and health care providers to prepare and appropriately care for people who may be at risk for illness associated with COVID-19 or who have tested positive for COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation, and we will share more as we are updated from our colleagues at the local, state and/or federal level.
- It is imperative for everyone to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet away from others when performing essential need activities outside of your homes.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to limit spreading the infection.
- For more information, please visit the following websites: