For the latest Newport Beach cases and trends, visit our COVID-19 Case Count Dashboard.
For the latest Countywide health information and COVID-19 cases, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency's webpage.
For national updates, information and resources, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
For more information regarding rumors vs. facts about COVID-19, visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)'s Rumor Control webpage.
For information regarding support and assistance for small businesses and employers, click here.
For information regarding support for workers, click here.
For weekly updates from the City Manager, click here.
Newport Beach business owners seeking to provide outdoor hair, nail and massage services are invited to apply for a free City permit.
07/21/2020 3:43 pm
The City Council on Tuesday, May 26 approved an emergency ordinance that will allow commercial businesses and religious institutions to expand into parking lots, sidewalks, or other private and public property to meet State of California physical distancing requirements.
05/26/2020 9:23 pm
The Online Recreation Center features a collection of digital recreation and online classes for children, adults and seniors
04/25/2020 2:18 pm
The Orange County Heath Care Agency has released a list of FDA-approved testing locations for County residents who are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
04/21/2020 10:47 am
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is asking everyone over the age of 2 to wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose.
04/08/2020 5:57 pm
Unfortunately, criminals are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic.
03/25/2020 4:39 pm
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now been detected globally. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
The City of Newport Beach is working with federal, state, and local partners including the CDC, the OC Health Care Agency (OCHCA), and health care providers to prepare and appropriately care for people who may be at risk for illness associated with COVID-19 or who have tested positive for COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation, and we will share more as we are updated from our colleagues at the local, state and/or federal level.
- The Governor of California enacted an Executive Order for all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except for essential needs
- It is imperative for everyone to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet away from others when performing essential need activities outside of your homes.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to limit spreading the infection.
- For more information, please visit the following websites: