City Attorney's Office Staff
- Aaron C. Harp, City Attorney
- Yolanda Summerhill, Assistant City Attorney
- Armeen Komeili, Deputy City Attorney
- Anita Lakhani, Deputy City Attorney
- Joseph Meeks, Deputy City Attorney
- Carrera Mullinax, Certified Paralegal
- Michael Westman, Certified Paralegal
- Ashley Lamm, Part-Time Paralegal
- Heather Nichols, Administrative Assistant to the City Attorney
Contact us by email or call 949-644-3131.
The City Attorney’s Office provides timely, cost-effective, quality legal advice and services to support the City Council, the City Manager and all City departments, boards, commissions and committees in achieving the City Council’s goals while limiting risk and costs to the taxpayers.
Department OverviewThe City Attorney's Office performs the following functions:
Advise the City Council, City advisory boards and commissions, and City staff on all legal issues that they face on daily basis in the complex area of municipal operations in California;
Represent the Council, staff, and the City as an institution either directly or through special counsel relationships before administrative bodies, such as the California Coastal Commission and Regional Water Quality Control Board, and before all courts in all litigation such as contract disputes, specialty municipal litigation, environmental and elections matters;
Enforce either directly or through special counsel relationships all aspects of the Municipal Code in matters such as nuisance abatement, building regulations and zoning enforcement; and
Administer the legal business of the City through managing in-house legal services and outside counsel relationships to assure excellent quality, responsiveness and value in performing legal work for the City.