Applying for a Board, Commission or Committee Lunch and Learn
- Date: 05/04/2018 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Location: Civic Center Community Room
100 Civic Center Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660
Newport Beach City Clerk Leilani Brown will lead a workshop to assist residents in applying to serve on a City of Newport Beach (City) board or commission. The workshop will be held on Friday, May 4 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in the Newport Beach Civic Center Community Room, 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach, 92660. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend the workshop and bring their lunches and questions.
The City will accept applications through May 9 at 12 p.m. for the below listed board and commission seats that are eligible for appointment on July 1.
• Board of Library Trustees (one seat)
• Building and Fire Board of Appeals (two seats)
• City Arts Commission (one seat)
• Civil Service Board (one seat)
• Harbor Commission (three seats)
• Parks, Beaches & Recreation Commission (two seats)
• Planning Commission (one seat)
The deadline for filing applications is noon on Wednesday, May 9, 2018.
All applicants must be qualified electors of the City, none of whom shall hold any paid office or employment in City government (Section 702 of the City Charter).
For more information and to RSVP, please call the City Clerk's Office at 949-644-3005 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.