Did you know?
You can register your email address and have this information and more delivered directly to your inbox. It's easy to create an account and there are a variety of topics to select from to stay informed of what's happening at the City.
Upcoming Newport, Together Workshops on a Future General Plan Update
The City of Newport Beach (City) has launched a new community engagement effort called Newport, Together and will host a series of interactive workshops to involve citizens in discussions on community values and the City’s future General Plan Update. Seven Newport, Together workshops will be held throughout the city, one in each City Council District, during the months of November and December. Attendees will gain a better understanding of what the General Plan is and why it’s important to the community. They will also be asked to discuss community values, and what’s working and what’s not working in terms of the current General Plan.
All workshops will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will take place on the following dates:
- November 12, 16th Street Recreation Center, 868 W. 16th St., 92663 – District 2
- November 14, Back Bay Science Center, 600 Shellmaker Rd., 92660 – District 3
- November 20, Newport Coast Community Center, 6401 San Joaquin Hills Rd., 92657 – District 7
- November 21, OASIS Senior Center, 801 Narcissus Ave, 92625 – District 6
- December 3, Central Library’s Friends Room, 1000 Avocado, 92660 – District 5
- December 11, Bonita Creek Community Center, 3010 La Vida, 92660, – District 4
- December 12, Marina Park Community Center, 1600 W. Balboa Blvd, 92663, – District 1
The City is hosting one workshop in each Council District to ensure that resident input is gathered from all areas of Newport Beach. The meetings are open to all community members and citizens are welcome to attend a workshop in a district other than their own if a different date better fits their schedules. A map of the Council Districts can be found here. Residents can also click here to find their Council District.
The workshops are part of a series of community fairs, workshops, pop-up events and community dialogues that will be held over the winter and spring months to listen to and learn from the Newport Beach community about the General Plan and its future update. All activities hosted in-person will also take place online on the City’s Newport, Together interactive website, www.newporttogether.com.
The Newport, Together listen and learn process is led by the General Plan Update Steering Committee that was appointed by the Newport Beach City Council earlier this year.