Join Us on Social Media
The City of Newport Beach is committed to providing the public with timely information to promote accountability and trust in government. One of the best ways to stay informed, is to get social with us through the various channels listed below. We invite you to follow our channels and engage with us.
- City general information* - facebook.com/cityofnewportbeach
- Fire - facebook.com/nbfire
- Library & Cultural Arts - facebook.com/library
- Police - facebook.com/newportbeachpolice
- As a government agency on the Nextdoor platform, staff can only see the comments made to our posts. Nextdoor does not allow government agencies to see the private neighborhood conversations.
- City general information* - @newportbeachgov
- Fire - @nbfdpio
- Lifeguards - @newportbeachlg
- Library & Cultural Arts - @nbpl
- Police - @newportbeachpd
Social media is used by the City to promote transparency and to engage with community members as defined in City Council Policy D-5: Digital Communications. These social media resources are not monitored 24/7 and we make every effort to respond to questions and comments in a timely manner. If you are experiencing an emergency, please contact 911.
The City does not monitor social media channels 24/7 and we try to be as responsive as possible during regular business hours. To report an emergency or crime in action, dial 911. To report a non-emergency incident, call the City's Police Department dispatch at 949-644-3717.