Links to Other Agencies
As a convenience, we have provided this annotated listing of related agencies that should be of interest to both construction professionals and homeowners.
Federal Emergency Management Agency
- State of California Home Page This features links to all California state agencies, legislative information, and assorted local agencies within the state.
- Searchable Index of California Law
- Access Energy (California Energy Commission Homepage)
- California Board of Architectural Examiners
- California Building Standards Commission
- California Coastal Commission
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- Contractor's State License Board
- Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Official Map of Seismic Hazard Zones: Newport Beach
- County of Orange Home Page
- County of Orange Planning and Development Services
- County of Orange Clerk/Recorders Office
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Costa Mesa Sanitary District - Residential Sewer Lateral and Clean Out Financial Assistance Program
- Council of American Building Officials
CABO is the umbrella organization for the three nationally recognized model code agenciesin the United States: Building Officials and Code Administrators International (BOCA),International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO), and Southern Building Code CongressInternational (SBCCI).
- International Code Council
The ICBO is best known for being the publishers of the Uniform Building Code,which Newport Beach has adopted. They also publish the Uniform Administrative Code,the Uniform Housing Code and (with IAPMO) the Uniform Mechanical Code,all of which have also been adopted by the City.
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO)
This organization publishes the Uniform Plumbing Code, which has been adopted byNewport Beach, and (with ICBO) the Uniform Mechanical Code. Additionally, theCity has adopted their Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Code.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
This is the agency which publishes the Uniform Electrical Code
- American National StandardsInstitute (ANSI) Online
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) serves as the administrator and coordinator of the United States private sector voluntary standardization system.