City Community & Human Services Programs Grants
The City budgets a total of $75,000 annually to provide qualifying organizations with financial grants to enhance services or programs. Under direction of City Council Policy A-12, the City Manager's Office reviews all request for the Community Program Grant and prioritizes the following when making a funding recommendation:
- Local groups located within the city and offering programs to Newport Beach residents;
- Regional groups located in Orange County and offering programs to Newport Beach residents;
- Groups located in California and offering programs to Newport Beach residents;
- Groups that have not received funding from any City source for three consecutive years or more.
Please note, groups not offering programs or services to local residents shall not be eligible for support from the City.
If your organization is interested in applying for a Community and Human Services Grant for fiscal year 2019-2020, please read the program overview, eligibility, and criteria, and then complete the online application.
In addition to filling out the online application, applicants are required to upload the following:
- A copy of the most recent annual financial report and proposed budget;
- A current Statement of Information filed with the Secretary of State (sample);
- A current W-9 (blank form);
- A signed Declaration of Grantee (and supporting documentation, if organization works with minors)
Successful applicants will be expected to sign a grant agreement (sample) and submit all necessary forms as required prior to grant funds being released. Applications that do not meet the requirements may be subject to revocation of the grant.
There is no guarantee that the City will be able to provide all, part, or any of the financial support requested by each applicant. Thus, applicants should not make commitments on the expectation of receiving City support. Recurring programs do not automatically receive funding. All applications received by the deadline will be evaluated based on the eligibility, qualifications, evaluation criteria and requirements as outlined. Recommendations will be forwarded to the City Council for final review and approval. The City Council can approve, amend, or deny any staff recommendation.
The deadline for applications (including all required attachments) is Friday, May 31 at 5 p.m. Late submissions will not be accepted.