The 56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit.
The annual exhibition features recently created original artwork in various mediums, including oils and acrylics, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink, sculpture, photography and mixed media. The 2023 Newport Beach Art Exhibition will be on Saturday, June 24, 2023 and will be held at the Newport Beach Civic Center (100 Civic Center, Newport Beach 92660).
NEWPORT BEACH ART EXHIBITION
Newport Beach Civic Center Community Room and Civic Green
100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach
Artist's Delivery of Artwork
Friday, June 23, 2023 from 3-6:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 24, 2023 from 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Art Exhibit and Sale
Saturday, June 24, 2023 from 12-6:00 p.m.
(Exhibition Hall opens at 1 p.m.)
Awards Reception: Saturday, June 24, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Paintings (Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Drawings (Ink, Pencil, Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
3D Art (includes sculpture and 3D mixed media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Juror's Choice: $200, People's Choice: $100
Artist's Artwork Retrieval
Saturday, June 24, 2023 from 6:00 p.m.
Artists must retrieve artwork promptly at show closing.
~ No early removal; no exceptions ~
The Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits.
- The 2023 NBAE deadline for entries will be [date to be determined] or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Works of art can be: paintings (oil, watercolor, acrylic), drawings (ink, pencil, pastel, charcoal), mixed media, sculpture, or photography.
- Entry fees: $35 for one entry and $50 for two entries. No refunds once artwork has been accepted. *
- Original artwork only, please do not submit works copied from published photos, artist reproductions or Giclée. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- A photo of each artwork must be submitted with entry. No substitutions allowed after entry is accepted.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” wide x 48” high. (A frame is required but dimensions do not include the frame).
- Artist must provide a table-top easel to display two-dimensional artwork up to 24” x 24”. **
- Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24” x 24”. **
- Three-dimensional size limit: Only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted. Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
- Exhibiting artists must be accomplished artists 18 years of age or older.
- Artworks must be delivered and retrieved in person – or by a designated representative – on the assigned date and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork. ALL ARTWORK MUST REMAIN AT THE EXHIBITION UNTIL 6 P.M.
- Work must be for sale. A 20% donation to the Newport Beach Arts Foundation is required on all sales.
- Regarding diptych or triptych artwork: Overall dimensions of the combined artwork must not exceed the size limit of 36” x 48”, must be sold in its entirety as one piece, and will be eligible for the competition as a singular art piece
Acceptable Standing Easels:
Not Acceptable Standing Easels:
Acceptable Tabletop Easels
Not Acceptable Tabletop Easels:
* Subject to cancellation/postponement. In the event the Art Exhibition is canceled, Entry Fee will be refunded in full.
** Easels deemed unstable by the event curator cannot be used. Unless an acceptable replacement is provided, the artwork may not be exhibited, and the entry fee will be forfeited.
NOTE: W-9 required for awarding of cash prizes.
Questions: Call (949) 717-3802 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org