"In Residence" landscape oil paintings by Gianne de Genevraye
January 7 - March 1, 2019, Central Library Gallery
The Newport Beach City Arts Commission presents an exhibition of landscape oil paintings by international artist Gianne de Genevraye, on display at the Newport Beach Central Library gallery.
Gianne de Genevraye paints public gardens in Europe and the United States. She is a Contemporary Nature Painter, exhibiting widely with work seen in collections in France, Italy, Sweden and the United States. Born in California, she received her Bachelor of Fine Arts at the University of California Irvine, studying under contemporary masters Judy Chicago, Tony Delap, Craig Kaufman and John Paul Jones. She was studio assistant to Jennifer Bartlett in France for three years. In 1990-91, she was an Invited Artist at the American Academy of Rome.
In 2017, Gianne was in residence at the Villa Fontaine in Antibes, France, beginning her residency for her upcoming Sister Cities exhibition at the Newport Beach Public Library. She then returned to Baja, Mexico, painting in both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. In 2018, she traveled during the spring with Newport Beach Sister City to Okazaki, Japan to paint in residence during the cherry blossom festival.
In Gianne’s own words, “I paint and exhibit internationally to bring a message of sustainability, accessibility and beauty to my patrons, collectors and viewers. The public gardens of the world are my canvas to bring this message to the people.”
The exhibition will be on display during library operating hours, January 7 through March 1, 2019.
On Saturday, January 12, Newport Beach Sister City will host a "reception and conversation" with Gianne de Genevraye at the Newport Beach Central Library, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. The event is free and open to the public.
(Elephant Cactus in the Los Cabos Desert by Gianne de Genevraye)
"OC Coast Print Series" art prints by Joe Cladis
March 4 - May 3, 2019, Central Library Gallery
The Newport Beach City Arts Commission presents an exhibition of art prints depicting the Orange County Coast by artist Joe Cladis, on display at the Newport Beach Central Library gallery.
As long as he can remember, Joe Cladis has loved to draw. That love lead him to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena where he majored in Advertising with a minor in Illustration. Since that time he has spent his life working in the visual arts as a fine artist, graphic designer and illustrator. Having lived in Orange County for over 35 years, Joe has come to love the uniqueness of each of it’s coastal towns and communities. This passion lead him to create the OC Coast print series.
“The Orange County Coast has so many iconic communities, each with their own personality and style. Capturing the essence of each one is a fun, artistic challenge for me.” - Joe
The exhibition will be on display during library operating hours, March 4 through May 3, 2019.
(Huntington Beach by Joe Cladis)
- Raphaele Cohen Bacry (acrylic and mixed media): May 6 - Jul 5
- Ed Olen ("Sobier Photo Project", photography): July 8 - September 6
- Special Exhibition TBA: September 9 - November 1
- Sherry Marger ("Destination Art", acrylic on canvas): November 4 - January 3, 2020
- Gail White ("Shore & Marsh Birds", photography): January 6 - March 6
- Lauren Mendelsohn-Bass (oil on canvas): March 9 - May 8
- Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programs ("Youth Ocean Art", mixed media): May 11 - July 10
- William Leung (acrylic on canvas): July 13 - September 4
- Agnes Schenk ("Never Stop Blooming", oil on canvas): September 8 - November 6
To have artwork considered for an exhibition at the Central Library, download and fill out the Application for Consideration Art
In the News
- Diana Ghoukassian is Glimpsing the Nature of Things
- Newport Beach artist Chip Fesko's geometric watercolors are on display
- Fernando Del Rosario's Real Heroes at the Library
- Joan Irving Brandt Centennial
- Agnes Schenk - Her own show at 87
- Library hosts first-ever exhibition for artist
- Newport Beach honors watercolorist Rex Brandt
- An artistic celebration for Rex Brandt at Library
- City Honors Rex Brandt
- Famed watercolorist comes home to Newport Beach
- City to honor CDM Artist with Saturday events
- Rex Brandt Centennial Celebration & Art Exhibit