At the Beach, mixed media paintings and digital photography by Iriet Peshkess
September 10 - November 2, 2018, Central Library Gallery
The Newport Beach City Arts Commission presents an exhibition of mixed media paintings and digital photography by artist Iriet Peshkess, on display at the Newport Beach Central Library gallery. The works capture the essence of life along the shores of Newport Beach.
Iriet Peshkess was born in Israel and has lived in Orange County with her family since 1981. She is a California-inspired representational artist and a storyteller in paint and photography. Before embarking on her career as an artist over 15 years ago, Peshkess was a psychologist. People’s stories have always moved her, and she strives to capture mood and story rather than detail. Her stories describe daily life in the California sun.
Iriet Peshkess works in mixed media — digital, acrylic and fiber, and photography — moving back and forth between them. Her creative process always goes through the digital medium. At what stage and to what extend varies in each painting.
The exhibition will be on display during library operating hours, September 10 through November 2, 2018.
(Argument on the Beach and Quality Time by Iriet Peshkess)
The Art of Diana Ghoukassian
November 2, 2018 - January 4, 2019, Central Library Gallery
The Newport Beach City Arts Commission presents an exhibition of photography by artist Diana Ghoukassian, on display at the Newport Beach Central Library gallery.
"I paint with my lens. Whether taking a picture of an architectural site, a person or a landscape, I always have the canvas in mind. I do not, however, have the luxury of the painter positioning the object or taking her time since most of my pictures are shot from a moving vehicle or simply catching a fleeting moment. I have no control over the object or the scene and have to work with whatever I’m dealt. My tool is the camera, but am I a photographer? Imperfections are very much part of my art.”
The exhibition will be on display during library operating hours, November 2, 2018 through January 4, 2019.
- Gianne de Genevraye (oil paintings): January 7 - March 1
- Joe Cladis ("OC Coastal Print Series"): March 4 - May 3
- Raphaele Cohen Bacry (acrylic and mixed media): May 6 - Jul 5
- Ed Olen ("Sobier Photo Project"): July 8 - September 6
To have artwork considered for an exhibition at the Central Library, download and fill out the Application for Consideration Art
In the News
- Newport Beach artist Chip Fesko's geometric watercolors are on display
- Fernando Del Rosario's Real Heroes at the Library
- Joan Irving Brandt Centennial
- Agnes Schenk - Her own show at 87
- Library hosts first-ever exhibition for artist
- Newport Beach honors watercolorist Rex Brandt
- An artistic celebration for Rex Brandt at Library
- City Honors Rex Brandt
- Famed watercolorist comes home to Newport Beach
- City to honor CDM Artist with Saturday events
- Rex Brandt Centennial Celebration & Art Exhibit