The Newport Beach Arts Commission acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council on all matters pertaining to artistic, aesthetic and cultural aspects of the City. It recommends to the City Council the adoption of such ordinances, rules, and regulations as it may deem necessary for the administration and preservation of fine arts, performing arts, historical, aesthetic and cultural aspects of the community. On behalf of the City, it actively encourages programs for the cultural enrichment of the community, including visual and performing arts activities as well as arts education programs. The Commission also participates in the designation of historical landmarks, and reviews design elements for public sculpture, fountains, murals, benches and other fixtures.
The City Arts Commissioners are appointed by the City Council and serve at the pleasure of City Council. Their term of office is four years. Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 5 p.m. in either the City Council Chambers or at the Newport Beach Central Library, as noted in agendas.
City Arts Commission applications can be downloaded from the City website or picked up at the City Clerk’s office at 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach 92660.
Newport Beach City Arts Commissioners, 2020-21
- Marie Little, Chair (R) 6/20-6/24, email@example.com
- Arlene Greer, Vice Chair, (R) 6/19-6/23 , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maureen Flanagan, Secretary (A) 8/19-6/21, email@example.com
- Miriam Baker (A) 6/17-6/21, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayan Kaufman (A) 6/18-6/22, email@example.com
- Ritch LeGrand (A) 4/19-6/21, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leonard Simon (A) 6/20-6/24, email@example.com
Tim Hetherton, Library Services Director