2020 Newport Beach Art Exhibition - New Date: September 26!
In concurrence with the executive order issued by the Governor of the State of California to limit social gatherings to help curtail further spread of COVID-19 in the community, the Newport Beach City Arts Commission is postponing the Newport Beach Art Exhibition, originally scheduled for Saturday, June 20, until September 26, 2020.
The annual exhibition features recently created original artwork in various mediums, including oils and acrylics, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink, sculpture, photography and mixed media.The exhibition will be held Saturday, September 26 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Civic Center Community Room, at the Newport Beach Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660.
Call for Entries: Deadline September 1, 2020
Artists, 18 years of age or older, may submit one or two original works of art to be displayed and judged in the 56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition. Entry fees are $30 for one entry and $40 for the maximum two entries. Categories include Painting: Watercolors and Painting: Oils and Acrylics, along with Photography and 3D Art. Awards in the one-day juried exhibition range from $100 - $300. Awards will be announced on September 26.
Applications should be submitted online: CallforEntry.org.
New Deadline: September 1, 2020, 11:00 p.m. PDT.
Please note: Due to the change in dates, the City Arts Commission will honor registrations already submitted, or refund registration fees at the artists’ request.
For more information, please contact the Cultural Arts office, at (949) 717-3802 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting community art programs throughout the year.
- The exhibition is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
- Entry fees: $40 for two entries. $30 for one entry. No refunds once artwork has been accepted.• Deadline is September 1, 2020 or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or Giclée. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, but will not be eligible for competition.
- Works must have been created within the last two years.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” x 48” (dimensions do not include frame).• Artist must provide a table-top easel** to display two-dimensional artwork up to 24” x 24”.
- Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel** for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24”.
- Three-dimensional size limit: only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted.
- Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.•
- Work must be for sale. A 30% donation to the Newport Beach Arts Foundation will be accepted on all sales.
- Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative - on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
- NO EARLY REMOVAL OF ARTWORK. All works of art must be available until 6 p.m. the day of the event, no exceptions
** Unfortunately, easels deemed unstable by the event installer will be rejected and, unless an acceptable replacement is provided, artwork will be denied and Entry Fee forfeited.
- Painting: Oils & Acrylics: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Painting: Watercolors (includes Ink, Pencil and Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- 3D Art (includes Sculpture and 3D Mixed Media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Juror’s Choice: $200
- People’s Choice: $100
Categories can be changed at the Juror's discretion.
- Entry Deadline: September 1, 2020
- Artist’s Delivery of Artwork to Civic Center Community Room: Friday, September 25: 3:00-6:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 26: 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Art Exhibit and Sale: Saturday, September 26: 1:00-6:00 p.m.
- Awards Reception: Saturday, September 26: 4:30 p.m.
- Artist’s Artwork Retrieval: Saturday, September 26, 6:00 p.m. Artists are responsible for retrieving their artwork promptly at show closing. No early removal; no exceptions.
Sales: Sales are handled by the Newport Beach Arts Foundation with 30% donation going to support community art programs.
Questions: Call (949) 717-3802 or send an Email to email@example.com