Per the City's Municipal Codes, as noted above, every water customer is required to comply with the following restrictions:
- Watering over 15 minutes per station for automated irrigation systems.
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff.
- Washing down hard surfaces including sidewalks and driveways.
- Not repairing water leaks or breaks quickly.
- Irrigating lawn, shrubs or ornamental landscape during or 48-hours after rainfall.
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system.
- Washing a vehicle (including cars, trucks, boats, trailers and recreational) with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a positive shut-off nozzle.
Resource Efficiency and Water Quality Report
The City prepares the Resource Efficiency and Water Quality Annual Report to highlight the ongoing water efficiency efforts and ocean water quality projects. Check out our latest report.
California Friendly Landscaping Resource
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California has many resources to help you get started on creating a landscape friendly to California's weather and water conservation needs. If you need more assistance in designing and installing your drought tolerant landscape, please contact the California Landscape Contractors Association.
It Pays to be Water Smart!
The City of Newport Beach welcomes invitations for speaking engagements to local community organizations and associations. To request a speaker, please call 949-644-3214 or email your request to schedule a presentation at your next event.