It is the mission of the Code Enforcement and Water Quality Division to work in partnership with the residents and businesses of Newport Beach by promoting and maintaining a safe and desirable living and working environment.
What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?
The Code Enforcement Division enforces the entire Municipal Code. The following are some frequent enforcement items:
- Hazardous property conditions
- Overgrown vegetation
- Housing Code violations (broken windows, peeling paint)
- Inoperable and abandoned vehicles on private property
- Signs, including signs in public right-of-way and signs without permits
- Solid Waste (early set-out of containers, inadequate containers, illegal dumping)
- Water quality and conservation
- Zoning requirements,( i.e. illegal dwelling units and use requirements)
- Short Term Lodging Code Violations
Code Enforcement Officers frequent HOA meetings. If there is a pertinent topic you would like more information on, or you would like an officer to speak about relevant Newport Beach Municipal Codes for a specific area, you can request a speaker by email.
Code Enforcement Officer Area Map
Click the map below to find out which Code Enforcement Officer represents your area.
To file a Code Enforcement complaint, please use the City's automated complaint system - QUEST or
Contact Us 949-644-3215