Guest moorings are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guest moorings may not be reserved in advance. As you approach the harbor entrance, contact the Harbor Department to inquire about availability. All guests are required to stop at the Harbor Department's visitors dock to check in or meet a harbor vessel on the water. You must have vessel documentation or registration information, insurance paperwork and your photo identification.
Most of the moorings in the harbor are secured via bow and stern and may or may not be equipped with the tackle necessary to secure your boat. Be prepared to rig your own lines to the mooring cans. If needed, assistance may be provided by Harbor Department staff.
Marina Park Rental Moorings
Rental moorings are now available close to Marina Park. The City-owned moorings in H and J field to the south channel (side closest to Marina Park) have been converted into sand-line type moorings and are indicated by a single white and blue mooring can with a designation of "MP RENTAL" 1 through 10. These moorings are available for rent at the standard mooring rental rates and can be reserved.
Mooring Sub-Permit Rental Rules and Fees
- All vessels must register with the Harbor Department.
- Maximum number of days per permit is limited to 15 days.
- Vessel must be present, currently registered or documented, seaworthy and mechanically operable.
- Check out time is 12 p.m.
- Rental fees
- Online mooring sub-permit application - Prospective renters may complete an online application, upload insurance and registration documents and submit them directly to the Harbor Department. Once received, the prospective renter must call prior to their arrival date to confirm a vacant mooring assignment along and complete the permit process.
- The above form form can be used for Marina Park rental mooring reservations. All standard rules and regulations for mooring sub-permits apply. If you would like to make a reservation for a Marina Park mooring, please use the online application to submit your information, insurance and registration documents. Once submitted, please contact our office at 949-270-8159 to complete your reservation and the permit process.
While visiting Newport Harbor the below regulations and rules are applicable for all users of a rented guest slip, mooring or anchorage.
- Applicable Harbor Fees
- Rentals are processed during regular business hours of 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily. No after hours rentals are accommodated. Visitors arriving after hours are to check in with the Harbor Department at 8 a.m.
- Check out time is 11 a.m. at the Marina Park guest slips and 12 p.m. for anchorages and moorings. Renters in violation of adhering to the check out times are subject to having their vessel impounded. Any request for an extension must be made in person at the Harbor Department prior to the noted check out time.
- All vessels must register with the Harbor Department regardless of the length of stay and provide or meet the following:
- Vessels must be present at the time of check in
- Proof of current registration or documentation must be provided
- Vessels must be seaworthy and mechanically operable
- Vessels may be boarded for an inspection of the sanitary system
- While at the guest slip, anchorage or mooring, the following is prohibited:
- Making unreasonable noise between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Maintenance of vessels
- Conducting commercial activity
- Deterring sea lions from resting on vessels using approved methods.
- No barbecues or similar cooking apparatus is allowed on docks.
- Compliance with the following within Newport Harbor: