Due to health concerns related to the COVID-19 Delta variant, the City Arts Commission has elected to postpone this event to June 2022 in order to welcome as many guests as possible. Artists who have already submitted entries are eligible for a full refund of their entry fees.
Call for Entries to be announced at a later date.
The 56th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit.
The annual exhibition features recently created original artwork in various mediums, including oils and acrylics, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink, sculpture, photography and mixed media. The event has been postponed from its original date and will be held in June 2022, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Newport Beach Civic Center. While the call for entries are not open at this time, artists may apply by creating a free account ONLINE.
NEWPORT BEACH ART EXHIBITION
Newport Beach Civic Center Community Room and Civic Green
100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach
Artist's Delivery of Artwork
JUNE 2022 (Date TBD): 3:00-6:00 p.m.
JUNE 2022 (Date TBD) 9: 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Art Exhibit and Sale
JUNE 2022 (Date TBD): 12:00-6:00 p.m.
(Exhibition Hall opens at 1 p.m.)
Awards Reception: JUNE 2022 (Date TBD): 4:30 p.m.
Paintings (Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Drawings (Ink, Pencil, Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
3D Art (includes sculpture and 3D mixed media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Juror's Choice: $200, People's Choice: $100
Artist's Artwork Retrieval
JUNE 2022 (Date TBD): 6:00 p.m.
Artists must retrieve artwork promptly at show closing.
~ No early removal; no exceptions ~
The Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting community art programs throughout the year.
- The exhibition is open to accomplished artists 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
- Entry fees: $50 for two entries. $35 for one entry. No refunds once artwork has been accepted.*
- Deadline for entries will be determined at a later time or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or Giclée. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, but will not be eligible for competition.
- Works must have been created within the last two years.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” x 48” (dimensions do not include frame).
- Easels will be provided for artists on the day the artwork is dropped off.
- Three-dimensional size limit: only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted.
- Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
- Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative - on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
- NO EARLY REMOVAL OF ARTWORK. All works of art must be available until 6 p.m. the day of the event, no exceptions.
- Regarding diptych or triptych artwork: Overall dimensions of the combined artwork must not exceed the size limit of 36” x 48”. Each canvas cannot be entered or sold as separate artwork at the exhibition, but rather, must be sold in its entirety as one piece. Diptych or triptych art will be eligible for the competition as a singular art piece. Artists submitting diptych or triptych art who wish to submit a separate second piece of art, may only do so if the overall dimensions of the diptych or triptych combined with the separate second piece all fit within the allowed size limit dimensions of 36" x 48".
* Subject to cancellation/postponement due to COVID restrictions. In the event the Art Exhibition is canceled, Entry Fee will be refunded in full.
NOTE: W-9 required for awarding of cash prizes.
Questions: Call (949) 717-3802 or send an Email to email@example.com