Seasonal Ocean Lifeguard:
The City of Newport Beach Lifeguard Division is seeking candidates wanting to become Seasonal Ocean Lifeguards. Join our amazing team and have a rewarding and epic summer!
- The job posting is expected to open in early January.
- Applications are due in early February.
- Applicants must be 16 years old on or before March 1, 2020.
- No prior lifeguard experience required.
- Visit newportbeachca.gov/jobs to sign up for notifications and apply once the job has posted.
- Qualifying applicants will be invited to a tryout on Sunday, February 9.
- No wetsuits allowed. Goggles are optional.
- Tryout consists of a 1000-meter ocean swim and 1000-meter run-swim-run.
- Top finishers will be invited to an interview.
Train & Learn More:
Join us! The Newport Beach Lifeguards are hosting Information Nights for interested candidates. Attendees will learn about:
- Pre-tryout training opportunities
- The Basic Lifeguard Academy
- The post-academy hiring process
- And more!
- November 25
- January 6
- January 21
Time: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Location: Benjamin M. Carlson Lifeguard Headquarters, 70 Newport Pier, Newport Beach, CA