The City of Newport Beach Capital Improvement Program (CIP) serves as a plan for the provision of public improvements, special projects, on-going maintenance programs and implementation of the City's master plans. The CIP budget supports the City's stated budget principles:
- keeping the community safe
- providing quality mix of services that Newport Beach residents expect in a cost effective manner
- keeping Newport Beach looking great
- maintaining a fiscally stable and sustainable city government
- providing government transparency to the citizenry.
Projects are programmed by long range master plans and as directed by City Council priorities and community input. We welcome your comments at PWinfo@newportbeachca.gov or 949-644-3311.
The Engineering and Construction Services Division of Public Works Department is responsible for the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects, including planning, design, construction, and inspection.
Engineering Services include:
- Coordinating with utility companies
- Environmental Programming
- Feasibility and environmental studies
- Funding applications for State and Federal grants
- Planning, design and project management of CIP projects
- Pavement Management Program
- Utility Underground Assessment Districts
- Water Quality and Environmental issues
Construction Services include:
- Inspection of Capital Improvement Program construction projects
- Inspecting Encroachment Permits for compliance
- Preparation of "As-Built" construction drawings
- Construction Activity / Noise Regulations