1 landscape watering day allowed ( non specific days)
No watering landscape between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Limit watering landscape to no more than 10 minutes per station
Use no more water than 2020 (Same billing period)
No watering of non-functional grass
Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers on request.
Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of not having towels and linens laundered daily.
50 Ways to Save Water
Drought Conditions Return
We are asking residents and businesses reduce water where possible. Future drought water restrictions are very likely. In preparation, the City has made major investments in leak detection, new digital water meters, and beautifying the City with drought-tolerant landscaping. Additionally, many private properties throughout the city have made major investments to reduce their water use. This combined effort will assist in maintaining a sustainable pathway to efficiency. For more water saving programs and rebates visit www.ocwatersmart.com.
Did You Know?Newport Beach has three Municipal Codes regulating the use of water? Before you decide to clean that patio or re-landscape your yard please familiarize yourself with the City's water saving and water quality codes.
Per the City's Municipal Code noted above, every water customer is required to comply with the following restrictions:
- No watering landscape between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Limit watering landscape to no more than 10 minutes per station for automated irrigation systems.
- Repair water leaks or breaks within 3 days
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff.
- No washing down hard surfaces including sidewalks and driveways.
- Irrigating lawn, shrubs or ornamental landscape during or 48-hours after rainfall.
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system.
- Washing a vehicle (including cars, trucks, boats, trailers and recreational) with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a self-closing shut-off nozzle.
California Friendly Landscaping Resources and Rebates
Water saving programs and rebates visit www.ocwatersmart.com.
Explore beautiful, sustainable, climate-appropriate, drought-tolerant plants, trees, and grass that thrive in Orange County. Visit www.ocwatersmartgardens.com for garden inspiration and information. With a click of a button, add your favorite plants to a private list that you can print and take to your favorite nursery.
If you need more assistance in designing and installing your drought tolerant landscape, please contact the California Landscape Contractors Association.