A BALBOA VILLAGE PATRON/RESIDENT PARKING PERMIT entitles a qualified and registered motor vehicle to occupy a SINGLE public parking space located within Balboa Village Area Benefit District only during designated times, if space is available, without payment of parking fees for up to two hours.
PERMITS ARE STICKERLESS, NO DECAL WILL BE ISSUED. LICENSE PLATE IS REQUIRED ON VEHICLE. Your license plate will be your parking permit number. Stickerless permits may be purchased on the internet at: nb.getapermit.net or in person at Newport Beach Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Dr. Bay A, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Friday.Permits purchased online can be mailed or picked up at civic center. It is highly recommended that permits be purchased online for fastest service. Click here to download informational flyer for reference.
- Permits are valid for a single season purchased. Permits fees will not be prorated.
- The Balboa Village Patron/Resident Parking Permit fees are as follows:
For Off Peak Season, October 1 through April 30: $18.00
Not offered for peak season, May 1st through September 30th
- One (1) Balboa Village Patron/Resident Parking Permit for each registered motor vehicle shall be issued to any City of Newport Beach resident upon request. The following information must be presented to purchase permit: 1) Proof of residency within the City of Newport Beach; 2) Valid California Driver’s License; 3) Proof of vehicle registration and; 4) Vehicle license plate number.
- Valid only during the off peak season, October 1st through April 30th, in the Balboa Village Area. (see attached map) This includes: street meters, Balboa Pier Municipal Lot, A Street Lot, W Ocean Front Metered lot, Washington Street lot and Palm Street Lot. Vehicles parked in two hour meter zones or lots must be moved before exceeding 2 hours.
- Balboa Village Patron/Resident Parking permits may be transferred to another vehicle under their personal control one time during permit season. Permits are assigned to license plate. To transfer permit, please contact City staff immediately via email at revenuehelpca.gov or by calling 949-644-3141.
- PARKING permit is not valid on a motor vehicle that is MORE THAN 84 inches in width and/or more than 84 inches in height and/or more than 20 feet in length.
- Some municipal parking spaces have a maximum length of 18 feet, which must be observed.
- Issuance of a permit does not allow violation of parking regulations.
- Permits do not establish any parking priority. Entry is prohibited when "LOT FULL" signs are posted at the Balboa Municipal Parking Lot.
- If a vehicle occupies a space for more than two (2) hours, the payment of applicable fees shall be required immediately after the two hour limit.
- Residency in Newport Beach includes Corona Del Mar and Newport Coast.