Parking in Balboa Village and Near Balboa Pier
A Street Lot
B Street Lot
East Ocean Front Lot
Balboa Pier Lot
General Lot Information:
- Balboa Pier lot is located off Palm between Palm and Main St.
- From Balboa Blvd turn right on Palm, entrance on right side after bus parking.
- View map.
- City Annual and Master Parking Permit valid in any space.
- Parking permits can be purchased online at nb.getapermit.net.
- Also at Civic Center, Customer Service counter.
- CA State Permit is not accepted.
- Balboa Pier lot is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 614 total spaces.
- 12 Disabled spaces.
- 50% discount for disabled plates or placard.
- Beach and pier parking.
- Parking for Catalina Flyer and other boat charters.
- Has restrooms and showers nearby at other side of pier.
- There are ten bus only spaces located right before entrance to lot. The first space is reserved for OCTA.
- Trolley stop (when in operation).
- Has roaming Parking Ambassador 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during peak season.
- Contact: AmeriPark - (949) 524-8915
Current Parking Rates:
- Rates vary depending on time of year.
- Payment required 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- May-September: $3.40 per hour - $34.10 daily rate.
- October-April : $2.30 per hour - $35.05 daily maximum.
- Recreational Vehicles (No Camping):
- May-September: $3.40 per hour - $34.10 daily rate (Per Space Occupied).
- October-April: $2.30 per hour - $35.05 daily rate (Per Space Occupied).
- Buses Commercial Use:
- May-September: $10.10 per hour - $100.95 daily rate.
- October-April : $6.90 per hour - $69.05 daily rate.
- Buses School Use:
- May-September: $5.05 per hour - $50.45 daily rate.
- October-April : $3.45 per hour - $34.55 daily rate.
- Motorcycles and Disabled Persons with valid placard:
- May-September: $1.75 cents per hour - $17.55 daily rate.
- October-April : $1.15 per hour - $29.25 daily rate.
- Peak Holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th & Labor Day):
- Cars-$4.65/hour $46.75/day rate.
- RVs-$4.65/hour $46.75/day rate per parking space occupied.
- Motorcycles and Disabled Persons with valid placard $2.65/hour $26.55/day maximum.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- 12 pay stations in this lot.
- Pay by Plate Pay Stations. Enter vehicle license plate and zone # when making payment, immediately after parking in space. If no license plate on vehicle, use last four digits of vehicle identification number (VIN). See more information on Pay by Plate Pay Stations by clicking here
- Pay by Phone available through ParkMobile phone app. Create ParkMobile account by clicking here.
- Payment is required in advance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays.
- No Overnight Camping/Sleeping in Cars or RV's.
- Vehicles may park up to 7 days without exiting the lot.
- Maximum length of vehicle is 40 feet.
- No detached trailers.
- No reserved parking/always "first come, first served".
- No BBQs allowed at this parking lot, park or beach.
NOTICE: LOCK YOUR VEHICLE AND SECURE ITS CONTENTS. As a material term in exchange for renting parking space, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Newport Beach, its officials, officers, agents, representatives, volunteers, employees, contractors, commissions, committees, foundations, and other such persons or bodies (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability for claims, demands, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs, that are caused by, arise out of, in connection with, or result from your rent of parking space, except to the extent of the Released Parties’ gross negligence or willful misconduct