Eelgrass (Zostera marina)Eelgrass is a saltwater flowering plant. Like plants and seaweeds, eelgrass photosynthesizes contributing oxygen to the air we breathe. It is among the most productive marine habitats and is important in numerous ways.
Eelgrass Survey Report
- 2003-2004 Eelgrass Survey Report
- 2006-2008 Eelgrass Survey Report and 2008-2009 Oceanographic Report
- 2009-2010 Eelgrass Survey Report
- 2013-2014 Eelgrass Survey Report
- 2016 Eelgrass Survey Report
- 2018 Eelgrass Survey Report
A non-native and highly invasive marine seaweed, Caulerpa taxifolia (hereafter Caulerpa) was discovered in two Southern California locations in summer 2000. Although Caulerpa poses no threat to human health, it may have devastating economic and environmental consequences for California if it becomes permanently established.